Cat’s Morning Bits for March 13, 2020
Good Morning Beautiful Souls, grab a cup of your favorite morning brew and start things off with “Today’s Inspirations”. I hope you find something here that will make you feel good or help you on your path today.
May you have warm words on a cold evening, a full Moon on a dark night, and the road downhill all the way to your door.
Spirit Library: Integrating (a message from Kate Spreckley)
We are being pushed, prodded, challenged and driven to move beyond our past history and detach from our old patterns, beliefs and attitudes. We are being called to take responsibility for the imbalances in our life, our environment and in our world. As a result, we may be thrown out of balance momentarily so that we may realign, reconstruct and rebuild our lives in ways that are more supportive, responsible and sustainable.
ThoughtCo: A Year of Pagan Sabbat Rituals
Samhain to Ostara
As the Wheel of the Year turns and the eight NeoPagan Sabbats pass by, many people like to celebrate with special ceremonies and rituals. Learn about the different Sabbats, what they mean, and how you can celebrate with your group or as a solitary practitioner.
MBG: What Animal Best Represents You? This Quiz Can Help You Find Out
In the Native American tradition, spirit animals are a sacred type of spiritual guide. To pay homage to this idea (without appropriating indigenous practice), it can be valuable to think of the animal(s) that represent your current situation—your tendencies, strengths, and what you have yet to learn.
Daily Dream Meaning: Love
1. If the dream involves happiness in love, then happiness and contentment lie ahead. Dreaming of being happily in love augurs health and happiness through adjusting to your present circumstances. If you’re dreaming of a present lover, the dream has less significance than otherwise, though it still portends a wonderful life ahead.
2. If the dream involves an illicit or forbidden love, the dreamer is hiding things – perhaps even from herself. Illicit love, such as having an affair with someone who’s married, is a warning that you should not get greedy, and should be more realistic in what you want from life.
3. If the dream is of observing the love between two other people, this portends the consummation of some of the dreamer’s own hopes and wishes.
4. If the dream involves choosing between two rival lovers, the dreamer faces a difficult choice.
5. Dreaming of being in love with a movie star, rock star, politician, sports figure or other famous person implies being in love with someone who is out of reach. It could also imply that you desire something that this person suggests to you – glamour, talent, skill, and so forth – and so you need to discern exactly what the desired factor is. Next look to other symbols in the dream to see whether it is attainable, and if so, how to attain it.
6. To dream of being betrayed by a lover, no matter who that lover is, implies that someone out there does not have your best interests at heart, and caution in dealing with others is definitely called for.
7. Dreaming of watching others making love is a sign of forthcoming success in all enterprises.
Astrological parallel: Venus.
Tarot parallel: The Lovers.
Pioneer Thinking: Honey and The Honeymoon
Did you know that the word honeymoon traces its roots back to ancient times? In some cultures, mead (a drink made with honey) was given to newlyweds during their first month of marriage to increase fertility.
Today’s DIY: Sea shell candle stand
MNN: These award-winning photos capture the drama of nature
See the winners of the International Garden Photographer of the Year contest.
EarthSky News: Use Big Dipper to locate Hunting Dogs
Tonight, or any March evening, look for the Big Dipper in the northeast sky. This star pattern – one of the most noticeable from Northern Hemisphere locations – is part of the constellation Ursa Major, the Great Bear
Patheos-Pagan: Elderberry Booster Brew as Anti-Viral Defensive Magick
A most important herbal defense against viruses comes from the Elderberry, Sambucus Nigra. This is the fruit of the Black Elder tree native to North America, Europe and Western Asia. The Elder tree is considered a sacred tree of the Goddess, and in the Rede of the Wicca poem
“Paradoxically, a group of humans becomes healing and converting only after its members have learned to stop trying to heal and convert. Community is a safe place precisely because no one is attempting to heal or convert you, to fix you, to change you. Instead, the members accept you as you are. You are free to be you. And being so free, you are free to discard defenses, masks, disguises; free to seek your own psychological and spiritual health; free to become your whole and holy self.”
— Scott Peck
A Note from the Universe
There are only miracles and to one degree or another they all soothe, pamper, and enrich. However, to avoid blowing too many minds at once, some are disguised as unpleasant surprises, botched circumstances, and twisted acquaintances that can rarely be seen for who or what they truly are until the pendulum has fully swung.
Yes… don’t I think of everything?
Today’s Recipe: Spanish Garlic Toast
“When we lived in Barcelona we used to eat this all the time. Warning! Everyone has to eat this. If you don’t the garlic smell will drive you out of the room
Magical Correspondences for Friday
Intentions: Love, Pleasure, Affairs of the Heart, Romance, Marriage, Sexual Matters, Physical Beauty, Friendship and Partnerships, Strangers, Peace, Healing, Beauty, gentleness and Women’s Issues.
Incense: Strawberry, Sandalwood, Rose, Saffron, Verbena and Vanilla
Sign: Libra and Taurus
Colors: Green, Pink, Aqua
Herbs/Plants: Pink Rose, Ivy, Birch, Heather, Clematis, Sage, Violet and Water Lilly
Stones: Rose Quartz, Moonstone, Pink Tourmaline, Peridot, Emerald and Jade
Oil: (Venus) Cardamom, Palmrosa, Rose, Yarrow, Apple Blossom, Musk, Ambergris
Goddesses: Astarte, Aphrodite, Erzulie, Aida Wedo, Eve, Venus, Freya, Diana, Aset [Isis], The Witch Of Gaeta, Chalchiuhtlique
March 13, 2020
“The behavior of men to the lower animals, and their behavior to each other, bear a constant relationship.”
-Herbert Spencer (1820-1903)
This is sure something to think about. Maybe when we learn to respect and appreciate other animals, we can more readily respect and appreciate our fellow human being. Maybe it’s as simple as following the Golden Rule when it comes to animals – to treat them as we would want to be treated if the hierarchy were reversed. Maybe then we wouldn’t have “Mad Cow” disease, or furs as a status symbol, or hunting for sport.
Daily Tarot: The Moon
The Moon guides your emotions and subconscious, and the appearance of this card shows that you are ready to trust yourself and overcome your romantic fears today. What are you most afraid of? Put your imagination and creative talents to work in order to come up with productive solutions to your problems. Pay attention to dream imagery (sleeping and daydreaming) and what your subconscious is trying to communicate.
About Cat’s Morning Bits: These daily posts are reblogged from various email newsletters that I receive each day.
I invite you to check out my websites!
The Desert Path: The dusty ramblings of a desert pagan. https://thedesertpath.com/